Heel pain is very common and can have many causes. This can range from a problem in the lower back to diseases that cause joint inflammation.
Identification of the cause of the heel pain is key to its treatment.
Podiatrists at Orthotika will identify the cause of the heelpain and give advice on treatment options for that particular
The more common causes of heelpain are:
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome-compression of a nerve on the inside of the ankle.
- Calcaneal bursitis- inflammation of a fluid filled sac under the heel.
- Inflammation of the heelpad as a result of injury.
- Stress fracture.
- Severs disease- this is a problem of growing bones and occurs in children of 8-12years.
- Achilles tendon problems.
- Plantar fasciitis-damage of the tissue band from the heel bone to the toes.